Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fast Forward to Today!

Sorry, I've been WAAAAYY too busy to fill you guys in on what I've been up to on a day-to-day basis. I'll definitely add in a few posts about what happened post-arrival to Lyon at a later date, but for now I'd like to focus on what is happening "maitenant."

Last night, I went to bed with a scorching earache. I didn't know why I was hurting. At first, I tried inflicting pain on it to make the pain go away quicker (teen intelligence.) After, I tried sleeping on the other ear. It took me a good few hours to get to bed, with stops to check ma ordinateur to see if my mom was online. After I woke up the next morning after much angst trying to get to sleep, I woke up with an even bigger earache.
At first, I was not sure if I should bring up my earache to M. Calinon and Ludovich because of my limited french, but eventually I was able to communicate that "my ear has sick." Which, by the way, is exactly how it's directly translated ;)
They told me we would go to a walk-in clinic after Lucille, my good friend and translator woke up. At around 3PM, she did (she went partying last night) and we were off to their public health facility. It was a quick wait, and within 10 minutes we saw the docteur.
The critics are right when they say the French have a really good health system. The building was clean, proper, and very professional for such a small town.
A minute later, the docteur diagnosed me with "l'infection de l'oreille." He wrote us an inscription for the pharmacy, and we went to get our medicine.
Right now, I'm sitting at the poolside (I can't get my ear wet, alas I can't swim with my head underwater) writing this blogpost. Lucille is tanning (ohlala) and Ludo is spinning a football. The sun is blocked right now by clouds, but it's still VERY nice weather.

I love all you guys back home, and I'm reasurring you now that I will tell you if this sickness turns into a lifethreatening malade. Hey, it could happen. :P

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment